Pesticide Registration


All pesticides that are sold in Arizona must be registered with the Arizona Department of Agriculture.  Pesticide is any substance that prevents, destroys, repels or mitigates any pest, is a plant regulator, defoliant or desiccant.  So as you can see the term pesticide is a general term that includes herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, rodenticides, antimicrobials etc.  All agricultural use pesticides must also be reviewed by Arizona Department of Environmental Quality before they can be registered for use by the Arizona Department of Agriculture.  In addition all 25(b) FIFRA exempt products must also follow the same registration process in Arizona.  


Do 25b products need to be registered? 

Yes! Here is a link to help you better understand what you must do to meet the 25b exemption from federal pesticide registration.  If you do not meet these requirements the pesticide must be registered by the EPA.  FIFRA 25(b) Product Label Guidance   If you meet these requirements, follow the same process as any other pesticide being registered in Arizona. 

Where does the funding from pesticide registration go?

Pesticide registration is currently $100 per product.  Seventy-five dollars goes to the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality's Water Quality Assurance Revolving Fund (WQARF).  Twenty-five dollars goes into the Arizona Department of Agriculture's Pesticide Trust Fund.  

What is the money in the Pesticide Trust Fund Used for?

The money in the trust fund is used for the Environmental Services Division operating expenses to run the pesticide program.  This includes, but is not limited to, field and office staff salaries, vehicle expenses, lab analysis, field supplies, office supplies etc.  In addition the money is used for the very popular unusable pesticide disposal program.  This program allows anyone holding a pesticide credential of any sort with the department to bring in most pesticides that are no longer useable to them.  This program usually takes place in the spring.  Previously the department has provided funding to provide some of the needed college credits, on-line, for persons wishing to become a licensed Pest Control Advisor.  Finally, the department has an agreement which helps fund operating expenses for a Pesticide Education Specialist with the University of Arizona.* 

* No administrative/indirect costs may be allotted to the budgeted project.


Pesticide Registration Contact




Licensing Section

[email protected]


ADEQ AI Registration (

[email protected]


Pesticide Registration Documents

Pesticide Registration Application Download
Get Email Updates With The Latest News