Rules, Statutes, References
Statutes and Rules
Statutes and rules, effective March 5, 2023.
February 3, 2023, Arizona Administrative Register which highlights the changes from previous rules.
For official rules visit the Secretary of State, Title 3, Chapter 7.
For official statutes, visit the Arizona Legislature, Title 3, Chapter 19.
National Conference on Weights and Measures Handbooks
The following handbooks are referenced in rules and statutes.
Handbook 44, "Specifications, Tolerances, and Other Technical Requirements for Weighing and Measuring Devices," 2022 edition.
Handbook 130, "Uniform Laws and Regulations," 2022 edition.
Handbook 133, "Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods," 2020 edition.
In 2022, WMSD began efforts to update the rules to allow the sale of E15 in the CBG-covered area, respond to the latest 5-year rule review, remove stage II vapor recovery requirements, and update and streamline the rules. Below is a summary of the activities:
- April 12, 2022 - Public Workshop
- April 14, 2022 - Public Workshop
- May 31, 2022 - Public Workshop
- July 22, 2022 - Docket Opening, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Published
- August 30, 2022 - Oral Hearing and Public Comments Received
- January 4, 2023 - Rulemaking Approved by the Governor's Regulatory Review Council
- January 4, 2023 - Notice of Final Rulemaking filed with the Secretary of State
- February 3, 2023 - Notice of Final Rulemaking published in the Arizona Administrative Register.
- March 5, 2023 - Effective date of rulemaking