Agricultural Consultation & Training
Agricultural Consultation and Training Leads to Voluntary Compliance
Assistant Director: Susan Chase
Division Manager: Wendi Wilcox
The Agricultural Consultation and Training Program is an innovative compliance assistance program unique to an agricultural regulatory agency. This program embraces the Arizona Department of Agriculture’s (ADA) goal of encouraging farming, ranching and agribusiness, while protecting consumers and natural resources by utilizing a non-enforcement approach. ACT is not affiliated with any of ADA’s enforcement programs, allowing staff members to provide a formal means by which the regulated agricultural community may request compliance assistance without regulatory intervention. Agricultural Consultation and Training serves Arizona’s diverse agricultural community by promoting agriculture, conducting training and increasing voluntary compliance and awareness of regulatory requirements and providing agricultural conservation education.
This mission is accomplished through the following compliance assistance and education programs:
- Agricultural Worker & Handler Pesticide Safety Training
- Air Quality - Agricultural PM10 Best Management Practices
- Good Handling Practices and Good Agricultural Practices (GHP/GAP) Training and Certification Cost-Share Program
- Train the Trainer Program
The Agricultural Consultation & Training Program also houses the following programs:
- Livestock Operator Fire and Flood Assistance Program (LOFFAP)
- Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - Farm Bill (SCBGP-FB)
- Specialty Crop Multi-State Program (SCMP)
- Arizona Citrus Research Council
- Arizona Iceberg Lettuce Research Council
- Arizona Grain Research and Promotion Council
- Agricultural Employment Relations Board
ACT is not affiliated with on-going enforcement activity within the Department and detected violations are not made available to regulatory personnel except in cases of imminent danger where human health and welfare are concerned.
After visiting a site, ACT personnel provides the requestor with a detailed evaluation report tailored specifically to the requested subject. The report describes information discussed during the visit and offers corrective recommendations, if applicable.
Want More Information?
For more information, call 1-800-294-0308 or (602) 542-0137.