Train the Trainer Program
For 2020 we are developing a calendar for the year for when our training courses will be held. You will want to make sure and register for the courses that are available, as we do not plan to add more courses. We are keeping track of those individuals who register and do not attend. Those that are repeat non-attenders will be put at the bottom of the course attendee lists for the year. If the course gets more attendees than space allows, those at the bottom (repeat no shows) move onto a wait list. If no one cancels then people whose names are on the wait list will need to register for another course. Please check back in early 2020 to see the scheduled classes.
The Arizona Department of Agriculture's Pesticide Safety Train-the-Trainer Workshops for trainers of agricultural workers and pesticide handlers has been approved by the EPA, in accordance with the 2015 WPS expanded training content (40 CFR 170).
PESTICIDE SAFETY TRAIN-THE-TRAINER (English)
February 5, 2020
March 24, 2020
May 12, 2020
PESTICIDE SAFETY TRAINER REFRESHER COURSES (English)
February 6, 2020
April 2, 2020
May 19, 2020
CURSOS DE CAPACITACIÓN PARA LOS ENTRENADORES DE SEGURIDAD DE PESTICIDAS (Español) ~ Capacitadores de Trabajadores Solamente ~
Contacts for Arizona Pesticide Safety Trainers
- Questions regarding workshop schedules and registration, contact Ron Walker at (602) 255-3662 or [email protected].
- Questions in English or Spanish regarding workshop schedules, registration, and general training requirements, contact Ernie Lugo at (928-344-7909) or [email protected].
Resources for Arizona Pesticide Safety Trainers
- A list of people who are qualified to provide pesticide safety training in Arizona is available here.
- Pesticide Courses and Resources - If you would like to receive occasional pesticide-related updates from the Arizona Department of Agriculture's Ag Consultation and Training (ACT) Program, please send an email with the subject line, "addition to pesticide email list" to Wendy Hurst at [email protected].
- EPA Occupational Pesticide Safety and Health Information
- Pesticide Education Resources Collaborative