Weights & Measures Services Division
The Weights and Measures Services Division (WMSD) promotes equity and integrity in the Arizona marketplace to protect consumers and businesses. WMSD carries out this mission by:
- Licensing and testing commercial devices that weigh and/or measure to determine the direct cost of commodities in consumer transactions
- Conducting retail inspections to verify price accuracy and the net contents of packaged goods
- Promoting clean air quality through the implementation of two programs: gasoline vapor recovery and Cleaner Burning Gasoline (CBG)
- Operating the State Metrology Laboratory, which maintains measurement standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and, ultimately, the International System of Units (SI)
- Licensing Registered Service Agencies and Representatives who install and certify the accuracy of commercial weighing and measuring devices
- Licensing Public Weighmasters who produce certified weight tickets for commercial vehicles
- To learn more about the specific responsibilities of our division, please select one of the links on the left side of the page.
- If you wish to contact us, please call 602-542-4373 or email [email protected].
- You may also file a complaint online using the link below.
File a Complaint
Do you feel that a gas pump is not dispensing accurately? Perhaps you are concerned that you did not get what you paid for during your last trip to a retail store. If your complaint is related to Weights and Measures or product pricing...
Online Payment & License Renewal
Use our online system and enter your invoice number or location's BMF number to make a payment.