Industrial Hemp Program
On May 14th Senate Bill 1098 was signed by Governor Ducey that will authorize the Arizona Department of Agriculture to approve agricultural pilot programs for propagation, processing, manufacturing, distribution, and market research of industrial hemp starting in August of 2019.
The time between the general effective date (August 2018) and the delayed effective date (August 2019) will allow the Department the time needed to:
- Establish Rules
- Create an industrial hemp licensing program
- Appoint membership to the Industrial Hemp Advisory Council
- Develop an application and review process
- Develop a fee schedule
More information can be found here:
Industrial Hemp Program Rules Committee
The Department has appointed a seven member advisory committee tasked in providing input on the development of rules to license and regulate Industrial Hemp Growers, Harvesters, Transporters and Processors.
The Committee's primary responsibilities include:
- Review draft administrative rule language as provided by Department staff.
- Provide input and comments on the draft administrative rule language.
- Coordinate with the Department staff on recommendations for program fees and terms of applicant eligibility.
- Upon the completion of the development of draft administrative rules, and other feedback items, provide a summary of comments.
For more information regarding the Industrial Hemp Program Rules Committee and upcoming events, please click here: Industrial Hemp Program Rules Committee